With Carrier Ethernet services from Bell, you can provide your customers with the security, reliability and performance they need in a wide area network solution. You also get extensive reach to seamlessly grow your markets.
Deployed on our next-generation Carrier Ethernet platform, our services include a full range of Ethernet carrier-grade connectivity solutions that enable your customers to manage a variety of mission-critical applications, including best-effort Internet traffic and business-quality voice and video services.
Ethernet Internetworking (EI) service from Bell is an effective and economical way to enable high-bandwidth connectivity between locations. With this service, your customers can run Internet and mission-critical applications simultaneously through different paths on the same access – without comprising speed and quality.
We offer two distinct service options:
- Switched – Ethernet Virtual Private Line (S-EVPL) – a managed, point-to-multipoint service using virtual connections across Canada. This service offers multiple classes of service to prioritize your customers’ traffic to efficiently meet their network needs
- Switched – Ethernet Private Line (S-EPL) – a point-to-point service that offers both VLAN and Class of Service transparency. This service provides you with the highest level of flexibility to manage your customers’ network
S-EVPL and S-EPL offer a range of speeds, plus network configuration and performance options that can be tailored to maximize the efficiency of your infrastructure. Our service also offers multiple classes of service and enhanced performance metrics for traffic optimization, greater flexibility and improved service level agreements (SLA).
Our Carrier Ethernet provides:
- Class of Service options at all bandwidth levels for easy customization
- Up to 3 classes of services can be assigned per Ethernet Virtual Connection (EVC) offers improved traffic prioritization across the network
- Enhanced performance metrics offering quality guarantees for availability of all classes of service
- SLA available for four performance attributes: latency, jitter, frame loss ratio and service availability, including mean-time-to-repair for Business Priority (BP) and Near-Real Time (NRT)
- Stringent service level agreements (SLAs) and service level objectives (SLOs)
- Choice of access speeds from 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps and Ethernet Virtual Connection speeds from 1 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- All-to-one and many-to-one VLAN bundling options
- Link aggregation group (LAG) failover protection for both ENNI/UNIs via a standby link
- Performance reporting tools such as Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) and Service Activation Test (SAT)
- Network management and full support from highly skilled technical personnel
- ENNI/UNI CPE-less access offers a cost-effective and flexible solution
- Extensive national reach with access points in over 100 Canadian cities
- Presence in U.S. carrier hotels located in New York, Chicago and Seattle
Ethernet Internetworking Priority (EIP), our EPL service, delivers a high bandwidth, low latency, point-to-point solution.
Our EIP service features:
- The largest all-optical network delivering high speed services and diversity options
- POP to POP backbone connectivity
- High speed transfer of real-time applications
- Interoperability with our complete portfolio of services, including Internet Connect and IP VPN
Delivered over our Next Generation Optical Network, EIP provides a standard Ethernet customer interface with stringent performance and reliability attributes to support low latency applications. It is ideal for time-sensitive tasks like imaging transmission and financial trading and applications such as business continuity and data storage.
Bell Wholesale Carrier Ethernet solutions provide an effective and economical way to deliver wide area networks suitable for a wide range of applications – from best-effort Internet traffic to business-quality voice and video services, e-mail file transfers and real-time database queries.
Our Ethernet solutions offer:
- One of the largest all-optical networks in Canada
- Coverage across all major Canadian cities with PoPs in many strategic locations
- 24/7 help desk support and proactive network monitoring
- Stringent end-to-end service level agreements
- Selection of port speeds ranging from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- Flexible EVC options
- Opportunity for network growth by aggregating multiple circuits on a single access
- Future-ready infrastructure network to support existing and future network demands